Exclusive Interview with Maxim Rotaru – Founder & CEO, Webamboos on “Top App Firms”
In this exclusive interview, He shared his experiences in IT and several more things. Let’s check his success story and thoughts.
1. Tell Us about yourself how you start your career in IT Sector?
I have started my career with an internship at a German company. There I had the chance to work with very experienced developers that helped me set my programming foundation.
2. Tell us in brief about your company and the leadership.
Webamboos is a digital product studio focused on MVP development and Process Automation. We truly believe in the potential of our employees and we give them the perfect context to grow in the direction they want.
3. What is your outlook for 2021?
This is the year when we scale up. We have everything ready to grow our team and the number of projects we do in parallel.
4. How do you assess the role of research agencies like TopappFirms in bridging the gap between clients and service providers?
I think they help a lot both parties – the clients that are looking for a reliable agency and the software companies that want to promote themselves.
5.Any particular technology or industry you would be targeting? How do you plan to prepare your workforce for the upcoming technology upgrade?
We have switched this year to MedTech because we are sure this industry will grow exponentially in the next years. We have analyzed and found that medicine is one of the most not digitalized industries with very big financial potential.
6. What all services do you think you would add to your offerings in 2021?
We will add just IT Consultancy
where we help companies either to automate their processes or how to launch a new product by defining a good product strategy.
7. What are the challenges you see in the outsourcing industry and how much you’re prepared to face those challenges?
The biggest challenge I see is that the offline events are cancelled and we cannot meet new clients. We are setting new strategies for client acquisition so I think we would handle this very fast
8. How helpful are the Web and mobile apps developed by your team, for enhancing your clients’ business?
As an example, last year we have developed 2 projects, a mobile app and a web financial forecasting platform, and for both, our clients managed to raise very fast money from investors.
For Process Automation, as a statistic, we cut off costs by up to 30% by implementing our solutions.
9. What according to you are the best practices to attain client satisfaction?
. We were always focused on keeping good communication with the client, although, when the pandemic started, we have changed our process so we have closer and more frequent communication with the client now.
10.Tell me about your some successful project?
The most successful project I think is an IoT solution we have developed from scratch: technical specifications writing, design, architecture, frontend development, backend development, support, etc.
Basically, our team was involved in all the phases of the product and in the end, the product was successfully sold to another company. We have received good feedback for the product and we were very proud that we manage to build it from scratch.
11. How do you help your clients in choosing the right yet profitable platform for Web development?
Basically, we have worked with multiple technologies and we have realized that the ones we are using at the moment are the best ones for our team and I am talking now about React and Vue for the frontend and Node for the backend. Having all the developers focused just on a certain technology we managed to gain a lot of experience in this direction.
In this way, we can offer the client the trust that we can build his product at a high quality and in a short time which means lower costs for him. Having a good quality product in a short time I think is the best decision for all our clients.
12. What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2021 after COVID 19?
The lowest is: 8000$ and the highest is 55000$
13. Please describe the operational structure of your company- from the moment a client walks in, to the product deployment.
Here it is the process:
1. We have a discussion to validate that we are a good fit for the client from a financial and time perspective.
2. We have a discovery session where we get as much information from the client about the product and try to find what is unique and how to optimize the time and features.
3. Share a financial rough estimation based on the requirements and our research
4. Create a Development Plan with what we want to achieve, how, with whom and when everything will be ready.
5. We start the development process
14. After service is a necessary part of development. How do you provide customer support to your client?
After we deliver the product, we enter a new phase of the engagement called – Maintenance & Support period. The duration depends from project to project (min: 2 weeks, max: 6 months). During this period, the client has access to a Trello board where any bug appears, he can report there so we are directly notified about it.
Usually, all the bugs appear in the first 2-4 weeks. After this period, there are very small chances that a bug will be detected.
15. Android or iOS, Native or Hybrid — which platform is best to use to build your app? What are your recommendations?
It depends. Let’s take some situations:
1. If we talk about developing a product for a large audience, then definitely we need to develop it for both platforms. There are very many users using both Operating System.
2. If that is an internal product, then we focus on the operating system is used by the internal devices.
We have started working with native technologies, but the hybrid ones have grown so fast that at the moment you can do almost everything with them.
In the last 2 years, we have developed just hybrid apps because there was no need to spend so much time on natives ones and in this way we have cut a lot of costs. On average, the time spent on developing hybrid technologies is 35% lower than for native.