Exclusive Interview with Matt Wohlmuth – CEO, Coding Sans
In this exclusive interview, He shared his experiences in IT and several more things. Let’s check his success story and thoughts.
1. Tell Us about yourself how you start your career in IT Sector?
My name is Matt Wohlmuth
and I started as an SAP consultant. I founded and became CEO
of a venture-backed startup called Sopreso. Coding Sans
was founded by some of the core members of Sopreso. Currently, I’m the CEO of Coding Sans.
2. Tell us in brief about your company and the leadership.
is a full-stack web development agency building complex, market-ready products from design to delivery.
Our company works with the latest web development technologies such as Node.js, React and Angular. We have extensive experience with all cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and production experience with Serverless technologies.
Coding Sans emerged from a venture-funded startup in Budapest, so we know the ups and downs of building tech products. The core team has been working together since 2013.
My leadership style heavily rests on inclusion and giving freedom to the employees. I believe in a more democratic leadership style, where I can involve people in the decision making process.
At Coding Sans we have self-organized departments; the department heads have the flexibility and freedom to share their work and have a say in the processes of the whole organization.
3. What is your outlook for 2021?
Our outlook for 2021 is quite optimistic despite the difficulties we all experience due to the global pandemic. Our goal for 2021 is to double our revenue this year. It’s ambitious but at the same time, it is realistic.
Furthermore, we plan on growing our team in 2021, while ensuring that our quality standards remain high. We also set out to improve the ratio of senior and junior developers.
In addition to our current knowledge and development system, we plan to further facilitate in-house knowledge sharing.
4. How do you assess the role of research agencies like TopappFirms in bridging the gap between clients and service providers?
Top app Firms
can be a very effective and helpful tool in connecting potential clients to the service providers. In this day and age, companies like to browse through service providers in order to find the most suitable one for them. Agencies like TopappFirms provide a trustworthy platform for both parties.
5. Any particular technology or industry you would be targeting? How do you plan to prepare your workforce for the upcoming technology upgrade?
We are not targeting any particular industry, our focus is on the technology. Essentially, we cross-reference the client’s technology needs with our tech stack. Most importantly we work with: Node.js, React and Angular
We plan to carry out regular in-house workshops (hybrid and live events) with updated technological developments.
6. What all services do you think you would add to your offerings in 2021?
One of the big changes we’ve made recently is that we don’t work with subcontractors anymore. We used to have UI/UI subcontractors but our approach has shifted.
And now we have an in-house design team. Work has become much more effective since we keep every process internally, and we can flexibly allocate our design resources based on the different projects’ needs.
7. What are the challenges you see in the outsourcing industry and how much you’re prepared to face those challenges?
Building trust is hard and it takes time. It’s even more difficult to do it online.
Less complex development jobs will be carried out by no-code tools or other advanced tools. So, we aim to focus on more complex projects.
8. How helpful are the Web and mobile apps developed by your team, for enhancing your clients’ business?
We set high standards to deliver the best quality products to our clients. Our clients specify the product that addresses a certain need in their business. We cater to our clients and deliver exactly what they need. However, we have little or no impact on the business processes of our clients.
We further help our clients with UX and market research if requested. With these, we can first help to validate the app idea and shape it in order to make it a viable application that drives business value.
9. What according to you are the best practices to attain client satisfaction?
The client will be satisfied if he/she achieves the business objectives through the application we deliver. We have little impact on their specific business processes, so what we can do is deliver their application with the desired feature set and quality. This leads to satisfied clients.
10.Tell me about your successful project?
Our Servelec project was a complex healthcare application. We are extremely proud of having produced this because of the technological solutions we provided and also because it had a big impact: it made the life of healthcare workers much easier.
11. How do you help your clients in choosing the right yet profitable platform for Web development?
We offer them an initial consultation, during which we aim to understand their business, background and the goal of the envisioned application. Based on their use case, we offer a set of technologies that best suit the planned use case.
12. What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2021 after COVID 19?
15000 USD to 1M USD
13. Please describe the operational structure of your company- from the moment a client walks in, to the product deployment.
Our process usually looks like this:
We jump on a quick call with the client
We discuss the details and evaluate if it’s a good fit for our tech stack
We receive the specification of the project
We give a deadline and budget estimate based on the services they require
Upon reaching an agreement, we proceed to the app design phase (market research, UX research if the client requests)
The development starts
Regular check-ins with the client
Feedbacks on the milestones
A couple of months of bug fixes as warranty
14. After service is a necessary part of development. How do you provide customer support to your client?
After the development process ends, we provide support for a couple of months where we fix upcoming bugs.
15. Android or iOS, Native or Hybrid — which platform is best to use to build your app? What are your recommendations?
Our recommendation is to thoroughly evaluate the client’s needs and requirements in order to find the best platform to fit their needs.
Most of the use cases can be covered with a cross-platform solution these days like Ionic or React Native, but there are certain needs - in banking or gaming - that can be only solved with native solutions.