Exclusive Interview with Kamal Thakur - CEO, Cerebrum Infotech
In this exclusive interview, He shared his experiences in IT and several more things. Let’s check his success story and thoughts.
1. Tell Us about yourself how you start your career in IT Sector?
I have always been interested in new technology; apps were something that mesmerized me. It may sound cliché, but I was clear that I wanted to be a part of the IT sector and make robust apps. I worked in an IT firm and learned the nitty-gritty of the whole process, and since then, there's no looking back. I gained experience, and I knew that I was on the right path.
2. Tell us in brief about your company and the leadership.
is a leading software product development company. We have rolled out products like CereKart, an online ordering and delivery system, CereHome, a home services system, Fleet management solution, e-learning system, Conference management suite, marketplace apps, etc. We serve diverse businesses of all sizes.
In my career, I have come across many great leaders. I learned that the leader's vision is essential for the success of any business. I believe in making strategies that benefit not only the business but also the end-user as well. A happy consumer equates to a happy business.
3. What is your outlook for 2021?
On-demand apps are going to rule 2021. The pandemic has made us realize that how important it is to integrate the latest technology in our business. In the year 2020, every business was faced with the unique challenge of surviving the pandemic. It is because of the technology that options like "work from home" "on-demand delivery" were available.
4. How do you assess the role of research agencies like TopappFirms in bridging the gap between clients and service providers?
Agencies like TopappFirms
play a crucial role in bridging the gap between clients and service providers. They provide unbiased reviews of various businesses, which help to choose the right partner for the required services.
5. Any particular technology or industry you would be targeting? How do you plan to prepare your workforce for the upcoming technology upgrade?
We are targeting the on-demand industry. We have ready-to-use products, CereKart, an online ordering and delivery system, CereHome- home services app, fleet management system, online consultation apps, e-learning system, ride and rental apps. To prepare our workforce for the upcoming technology upgrade, we have regular sessions and seminars by industry experts guiding them about the same, and we provide hands-on practical experience to get well-versed with the emerging technologies.
6. What all services do you think you would add to your offerings in 2021?
We are already working on incorporating the latest technology like artificial intelligence, IoT, Big Data. Also, we are working on a system that will help us to offer the utmost transparency to our clients; our motive is client satisfaction.
7. What are the challenges you see in the outsourcing industry, and how much you're prepared to face those challenges?
Project control and decision-making are challenges that the outsourcing industry faces. In my opinion, the best way to overcome this challenge is by defining in the outsourcing contract the level of control the outsourcing company can exert on the project. When terms are crystal clear, it helps in avoiding any confusion.
8. How helpful are the Web and mobile apps developed by your team for enhancing your clients' business?
We are getting positive feedback for our products. We have 70% recurring customers, which is proof of our quality and customer satisfaction. We have a whopping 95% customer satisfaction rate. We always motivate our clients to provide feedback, positive feedback motivates us to do better, and we are never disheartened when a client points out that a particular thing could have been better; it provides us a chance to improve our work.
9. What according to you are the best practices to attain client satisfaction?
In my opinion, providing quality products and offering transparency to clients are the best practices to attain client satisfaction. We deliver what we say. Making false promises never helps any business. To survive the tough competition, one has to value customers and provide them with top-notch quality.
10. Tell about your some successful project?
CereKart, an online ordering and delivery system, has been hugely successful in the pandemic. It's a great way for businesses such as food, grocery, medicine, laundry, eCommerce to keep operating in the pandemic and generate revenue. Apart from that, CereHome, a home services system by Cerebrum Infotech, has become a favorite of many home service businesses.
11. How do you help your clients in choosing the right yet profitable platform for Web development?
The first and foremost thing is we listen to the requirements of clients attentively. Some clients have preconceived notions; our task is to provide them with the right information so that they can make informed decisions. Our advice to clients depends upon the type of platform, business purpose, and end-users.
12. What is the price range (min and max) of the projects that you catered to in 2021 after COVID 19?
In 2021, we have worked with startups and Fortune 500 companies. The price range is as low as $5000 to as high as a million dollars.
13. Please describe the operational structure of your company- from the moment a client walks in, to the product deployment.
We have a seamless client onboarding process. The client is asked about the requirement in detail, the features he wants, the purpose of developing the product, etc. Our experts guide the client from scratch to help him get the best for his business. We appoint a client advocate whose task is to ensure that the client gets the best services and products. Communication of utmost importance, and we maintain communication with the client throughout the project. The client is provided every small detail; he is informed about every milestone achieved. It is ensured that client satisfaction is achieved after the product deployment; our company provides help and support services as well.
14. After service is a necessary part of development. How do you provide customer support to your client?
As mentioned before, we provide help and support services to clients. In case there is any issue or query, the client can directly get in touch with us.
15. Android or iOS, Native or Hybrid — which platform is best to use to build your app? What are your recommendations?
Native apps are fast, while hybrid apps are easier and faster to develop. Again, it all depends upon the requirements of clients. Android is used by many different manufacturers while iOS is used by Apple; it all narrows down to the target audience of the business.